Monday, January 24, 2011

Healthy Eating???

I will be the first to admit that I am probably the pickiest eater on the planet. If I could live off of Mac and cheese, pizza, Reese's peanut butter cups, and a lifetime supply of hot pockets, I would. As a matter of fact, I did for a while. It was great too! Well, until I was out of breath by just bending over to tie my shoes or noticed that the front of my pants had a permanent outward bevel because the waistline was stretched to max capacity. I love those foods, which is why it is STILL incredibly hard for me to not go back to it all the time, but I don't. I don't because I know I have a workout planned at the end of the day and my entire day's worth of eating will determine how hard I'll be able to push. Since I'm trying to do better then I did last time, I'd better eat right. Same goes with the alcohol. There is no way that you'll find me doing switch kicks and jump knee tucks, to push up jacks if I'd toss the sauce earlier in the day.

Many of you have similar goals as I do regarding your health and fitness. I knew that my intensity level was going to be there when I worked out so my "weakness" came to foods. Tony Horton talks about focusing on your weaknesses over your strengths because you'll get nowhere if you only work on what you're already good at. I could get stronger and leaner as I continue to workout but if I'm not eating right, then I'm still going to have the same clogged arteries and chest pains I used to get. And I just can't have that anymore.

So now I'm making smarter decisions. I'm planning my meals and my workouts down to the hour that I do them with just a little flexibility to move around. Plan your day like I do and it will do wonders to how much you get accomplished. Don't feel intimidated by this at all. It seems hard, but it truly is better for you. Besides, what have you got to lose?

If you'd like help in getting started you can email me at RyanCaswell@beachbodycoach.com
Don't be afraid to take charge of your life.

Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment