Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day

With this Thanksgiving week upon us I've found myself giving in to certain temptations more than I normally would have. I'm not looking at it as I'm cheating on my eating, but more or less conceding to the inevitable. I love to eat. Not only that, but when it's delicious wonderful foods such as macaroni and cheese, and biscuits, and ham, and turkey...well, sometimes ya just got to push yourself aside and enjoy it. I was worried about heading into this week because I thought that I might jump right back into my old bad eating habits. Well, I am happy to say that I cannot wait to get back on track with my now regularly scheduled meals with better choices for foods.

It's tough for a lot of people to commit to this sort of change. It was extremely difficult for me as well. Most who know me and know me well knew that I could put away an entire large pizza and a case of beer without hesitation or any negative, immediate effects after wards. Not good. Now I'm eating 5-6 small meals a day, ranging anywhere from 2500-3000 calories a day. That's a lot. My wife told me recently that in the process of me losing 30 pounds, our grocery bill has gone up. One thing to take from this is that our grocery bill might be going up, but our fast food bill has gone down to practically non-existent. I haven't eaten fast food in 2 months. Crazy, I know.

For those who are in the same boat I am, eat up. Enjoy your Thanksgiving feasts and help yourselves to seconds on deserts. What's the point of working so hard if you can't enjoy the rewards once and a while. Besides, it's not like I don't have a killer workout plan to follow.

Decide. Commit. Succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment